This is my first non-vegetarian/vegan recipe on this blog. You can buy vegan marshmallows but I’ve never tried them, and my girls do eat conventional marshmallows (if they don’t contain egg!). These were a BIG hit with the girls, D found them too sweet (but then he never appreciates much of my baking anyway and would rather have a bag of pistachio nuts) and I didn’t try them due to the gelatine, so I can’t give an assessment. They had gone a bit too chewy by the next day, so, if you’re baking these make sure you have enough guests round to polish them all off in one sitting!
Rocky Road Bars (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free)
- 50g dairy-free spread, melted
- 200g bourbon biscuits, whizzed/bashed into crumbs (Tesco own brand are dairy-free)
- 50g marshmallows, cut up
- 50g dairy-free dark chocolate, such as Kinnerton
– Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees Centigrade/Gas Mark 4
– Line a small square baking pan with foil.
– Mix together the dairy-free spread and crushed biscuits.
– Press firmly into the bottom of the baking tray
– Bake for 10 minutes
– Remove from the oven and scatter the marshmallows and chocolate over the top.
– Return to the oven for 10 minutes until the marshmallows look a little toasted.
– Cool, then cut into bars.