This hot weather has made me want to eat more salads than normal. A fresh salad, in my opinion, is the perfect summer’s day lunch. This pasta salad is zingy, fresh and packed full of herbs. Inspired by a recipe in The Enchanted Broccoli Forest this salad is definitely worth trying…
Herby Pasta Salad (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, soya-free, vegetarian and vegan)
serves 2 as a main, 4 as a side
- 200g dried pasta shapes
- 2 tbps red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- handful of sunflower seeds, toasted (or mix of sunflower/pine nuts)
- handful fresh basil, roughly chopped
- handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- optional, if can tolerate dairy: handful grated vegetarian parmesan
- other optional additions: cherry tomatoes, olives, sun-blush tomatoes, diced cucumber, sweetcorn
– Cook the pasta until al dente
– Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together the vinegar, oil, salt and garlic.
– Add the pasta, along with the onion and peppers to the marinade, mix well.
– Leave to cool.
– Add the other ingredients and stir well to fully combine.
– Eat at room temperature.