These fries/chips will revolutionise your life. You really won’t ever again consider buying flabby, oil laden frozen oven chips once you realise it takes a little time, a couple of potatoes and some seasoning to make more-ish yummy chips/fries. Perfect with The Best Spicy Bean Burgers.
Baked Paprika Fries (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, soya-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 3-4 medium to large red skinned potatoes, cut into chip shapes
- 1-2 tbsps olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
– Cut the potatoes into chip shaped sticks, leaving the skin on
– Soak in cold water until needed
– Prehaet the oven to 220 degrees Centigrade/ Gas Mark 6
– Throughly dry the potatoes.
– Place the potato sticks into a bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Mix well.
– Sprinkle on the seasoning and thoroughly combine.
– Turn onto a baking tray.
– Roast for 30-40 minutes, turning them every 10 minutes.
– Serve once cooked through and thoroughly browned.
Yum! I live fries but mine always turn out soft and not crisp. I’ll give these a try.
I think the trick is to soak them before – they seem to work really well 🙂
so good! and sin free 😉
Quite…chips/fries don’t have to be bad 🙂
I didn’t think you could top yesterday’s post, well maybe it’s not topped, but this is equally fabulous. I love how the paprika gives it extra color! YUM!
🙂 You are so kind 🙂 thanks for linking to the burger recipe that inspired the cooking of these fries xxx
I never would have thought of putting paprika on chips but these look heavenly!
It works well and gives flavour – but any spice/herb you like would also be good 🙂