Ok, so it’s not a traditional citrus mousse of whipped up egg whites, but such a great use of the remaining lime/lemon curd. I’ve always been rather partial to a citrusy mousse – so much more refreshing than a chocolate version – but the whole mousse concept doesn’t work very well if you’re avoiding eggs and dairy. This combination of whipped soya cream with zingy lime curd produces a gorgeously silky, velvety and tangy pudding.
This is by no means a follow to the letter recipe – simply add the amount of curd you want to produce the desired taste. Big S said this pudding was ‘awesome’ – pretty high praise!
Lime/Lemon Mousse (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
for 8 small mousses
- 1 pack soya whipping cream, such as Soyatoo
- lime/lemon curd to taste, I used 2 tbsps per mousse
– Whip up the soya cream until soft peak
– Stir in the lime/lemon zest
– Pour into pretty glasses and place in the fridge to set.