We’re going on holiday on Friday and I’m determined to try and use up my jar of delicious homemade jam before we go – this has meant serious thinking cap moments and recipe book surfing!
This is a homemade variation of jam buttons/thumbprints/jammie dodgers – a crumbly vanilla scented biscuit with a sticky jammy centre that look as pretty as a picture.
Jammy Flowers/Buttons (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes about 24
- 110g dairy-free spread
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp oat milk
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- a few tbsps jam
– Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Centigrade/Gas Mark 3
– Cream together the spread, sugar, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy.
– Beat in the oat milk.
– Sift in the flour and gently mix to form a soft dough.
– Lightly knead and roll out to 1/2 cm thickness
– Cut out whatever shapes you fancy.
– Move onto the baking sheet and lightly press down in the middle with your thumb.
– Fill each thumbprint with approx. 1/2 tsp jam (preferably homemade raspberry jam!)
– Bake for 22 minutes.
– Cool on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack.