I suddenly had a thought that my lovely edible glitter would make a stunning coating for chocolate truffles – the kind of truffles that fairies might like to eat – and the kind to give to a very brave little girl after a traumatic experience. They do look rather magical and also give you a wicked glitter lipstick effect!
Fairy Glitter Truffles (dairy-free, egg-free, peanut-free, nut-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes about 20 truffles
- 85g dairy-free chocolate, I used 1 bar of Kinnerton
- 2 tbsps dairy-free cream, I used The Bridge rice cream
- 1 tsp golden syrup
- edible glitter to coat
– Melt together the dairy-free chocolate, dairy-free cream and syrup. Stir until smooth.
– Place in the fridge to chill and set.
– Pour some edible glitter into a shallow bowl.
– Roll into small truffle sized balls (make sure your hands are as cold as possible)
– Roll in the glitter until entirely covered.
– Keep in the fridge until ready to eat
– Makes a lovely gift too!