This recipe is a bit of an amalgamation between Yotam Ottolenghi‘s Green Couscous and my Guaranteed Fluffy Couscous Salad. I think the mix works perfectly, with the slight tang from my ‘basic’ couscous enhancing the herby, nutty edge given by Yotam’s recipe.
This couscous is wonderful as a salad or a side dish – if pistachios are a problem for you, use seeds instead
Gorgeous Fluffy Green Couscous (dairy-free, egg-free, peanut-free, sesame-free, soya-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
serves 4 -6
- 1 cup of couscous
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, finely sliced and sauteed until browned
- 1 cup pistachios, toasted and roughly chopped (or use seeds)
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 large handful parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large handful coriander, finely chopped
- 1 large handful rocket, roughly torn
- 2 tbsps extra virgin oil oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
– Pour the couscous into a flat-ish bowl
– Place water, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
– Once boiling, pour over the couscous. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
– Meanwhile, make a herb paste from the chopped parsley, coriander and olive oil.
– Fluff up the couscous with a fork and add the herb paste, onions and pistachios.
– Taste and add the extra lemon juice and more salt if required. Stir in the rocket.
che bello :)!
That looks delicious!! I love green foods, I always try and eat something green at every meal time 🙂
Sounds and looks delicious! I may try this with cauliflower “rice” instead of the couscous!
I haven’t made couscous for ages but this does indeed look gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration 🙂
Thank you 🙂