I love parsley – it’s so versatile but can often be overlooked by more flamboyant herbs. This pasta salad certainly lets the parsley shine, and uses those sunny Mediterranean vegetables that take my right back to the sunshine of Provence.
Mediterranean vegetable and parsley pasta salad (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, soya-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 1/2 pack of pasta
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 courgette, cut into small cubes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, skin on
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
– Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade/gas mark 6
-Place the vegetables and garlic in a roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and lightly season.
– Roast for 30-40 minutes until soft and starting to char. Keep warm.
– Cook the pasta according to the directions on the pack
– Meanwhile, squeeze the roasted garlic out of their skins and mash. Whisk in the oil, vinegar and seasoning. Taste.
– Once the pasta is cooked al dente, drain and immediately stir in the dressing and roasted vegetables.
– Leave to cool.
– Taste and add more vinegar, seasoning as required
– Stir in the finely chopped parsley and serve