Yet another soup from Lucy’s friendly Foods! I promise I’ll stop posting soup recipes soon. Well, just as soon as spring arrives.
Maybe broccoli soup doesn’t sound very exciting to most people, but it does to me! So simple – but packed full of healthy flavour – a great way to get a dose of green goodness. And it’s a vegetable that children seem to love, although mine can eye a green soup with suspicion.
A few chives on top, a drizzle of olive oil, black pepper, a hunk of my rosemary focaccia and it’s another simple, winning lunch.
Broccoli Soup (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large head of broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 potato
- 1/2 tsp salt, or more according to taste
- 700ml vegetable stock
– Saute the onion in the oil until softened but not brown
– Add the broccoli and potato and tir.
– Pour in the stock. Place on a lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked through.
– Liquidize or blitz until smooth.
– Add the salt and taste. Adjust the seasoning.
– Serve garnished with chopped chives, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and some black pepper.