Yet another soup from Lucy’s friendly Foods! I promise I’ll stop posting soup recipes soon. Well, just as soon as spring arrives.
Maybe broccoli soup doesn’t sound very exciting to most people, but it does to me! So simple – but packed full of healthy flavour – a great way to get a dose of green goodness. And it’s a vegetable that children seem to love, although mine can eye a green soup with suspicion.
A few chives on top, a drizzle of olive oil, black pepper, a hunk of my rosemary focaccia and it’s another simple, winning lunch.
Broccoli Soup (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large head of broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 potato
- 1/2 tsp salt, or more according to taste
- 700ml vegetable stock
– Saute the onion in the oil until softened but not brown
– Add the broccoli and potato and tir.
– Pour in the stock. Place on a lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked through.
– Liquidize or blitz until smooth.
– Add the salt and taste. Adjust the seasoning.
– Serve garnished with chopped chives, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and some black pepper.
Great post. It looks delicious. That would be the perfect lunch….I’ll have to settle for toast drizzled with olive oil.
Toast drizzled with olive oil sounds like a great alternative! 🙂
Hey! Ive nominated you for the inspiring blog award yaaaaay! Check it out here….http://allycspittle.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/inspiring-blog-award/
Oh what a lovely surprise, thank you so much 🙂
A lovely easy soup! Great minds think alike! My last post was a broccoli & spinach soup topped with smoked tofu croutons! 🙂
mmm, that sounds divine – full of green goodness. Checking it out right now!
This looks good. I just got an immersion blender for Christmas. This would be a great way to test it out.
perfect – enjoy your immersion blender, they’re fantastic!
Yes! The potato would make it creamier! I’m not tired of soups yet, keep em’ coming. Plus the bread please 🙂
This looks so appetizing. Your photos are beautiful! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Thanks so much 🙂
Made this for dinner tonight. Very easy recipe. Used up some old potatoes too! 🙂 Thanks so much.
Fantastic! It’s a bowlful of goodness 🙂