My jar of desiccated coconut has been staring at me, unloved as of late but wanting to be used in some delicious concoction. Since chocolate and coconut is a match made in heaven, or paradise if you believe the Bounty advert, I thought I’d try and make some cupcakes that tasted like Bounty Bars. Very nice too.
Coconut Cupcakes (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 200g self-raising flour
- 100g caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 150ml oat milk
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsps desiccated coconut
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Centigrade/Gas mark 5
– Place liners in a cupcake tray
– Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Stir in the sugar and coconut
– In a separate bowl, mix together the oat milk, bicarb, lemon, vanilla and oil.
– Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and gently mix, until well combines.
– 2/3rds fill the liners and bake for 18-20 minutes, until lightly golden and a knife comes out clean.
– Cool on a wire rack.
– Ice with chocolate buttercream and sprinkle with more desiccated coconut
Bounty was one of my favorite chocolate bars. I’m loving it in cupcake form!
They are amazing, my friend! I already made them 2! 🙂
My husband Peter & I loved them so much! 🙂 xxx
Awesome! So glad you both liked them 🙂