I’ve always had a fondness for little cheesy crackers and when someone bought a pack in to work, it got me thinking about making a dairy-free version. This version is flavoured with herbs, mustard and nutritional yeast for a real savoury tang. I thought I’d made loads but they’re so moreish that the whole lot has disappeared in a couple of days! I guess I’d better make another batch..
Dairy-free Cheesy Nibbles (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes about 60
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp herbes de Provence
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 5 tbsps dairy-free spread
- 3 tbsps water
– Preheat the oven to 190 degrees centigrade/gas mark 5
– In a food processor, pulse together all the ingredients except the water until it resembles fine breadcrumbs (or rub the spread into the dry ingredients by hand)
– Add the water to make a dough
– On a floured surface roll out the dough to 1/2 cm thick and cut out shapes with mini cookie cutters
– Place on an cookie sheet
– Bake for 10-15 minutes until starting to turn golden
– These will keep well for a few days in a sealed container
Waw! These nibbles look so tasty! I love using my cookie cutters too!
These look great! Can I ask you where you get your nutritional yeast from? I’ve just ordered some off Amazon, but is there a more convenient way? Thanks!
I made these tasty nibbles & they were just fabulous even! x