Palmiers (otherwise known as palm trees or pigs ears) are a classic petits fours, perfect served with a cup of coffee. You can hardly call this a recipe, there are no exact amounts given, and its more a way up of using some puff pastry and turning it into delicate little sweet biscuits. These crisp, sugary cinnamon pastries make a great treat that looks fancy and elegant but take only minutes to make. Therefore it’s a recipe worth having in your repertoire!
Cinnamon Palmiers (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- Ready made, dairy-free puff pastry
- Caster sugar
– Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade/ gas mark 6 and line a cookie sheet with parchment
– Roll out the pastry to a rectangle, using the sugar instead of flour and making sure the sugar is well rolled in.
– Sprinkle with cinnamon, to taste.
– Then fold in the long sides to the centre, so that both long edges meet where previously the centre of the pastry was.
– Repeat a couple of more times until you have folded in the pastry enough to makes a sausage shape.
– Rest for a while
– Cut 1/2 cm slices and place well apart on the baking sheet.
– Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden all over.
– Cool on a wire rack.