It’s coming up to Shrove Tuesday, and therefore time for the obligatory pancake recipe. I remember being so happy when I discovered dairy and egg-free pancakes for the first time when Big S was at nursery and I wanted her to be able to join in the pancake celebrations with everyone else. They’ve since gone on to become our weekend breakfast of choice.
Gingerbread pancakes are a little different, a bit warm and spicy for when you feel you want something different. This variation is perfect for winter, with the warmth of ginger and cinnamon adding a bit of heat to the day. Personally I think this version makes a better pudding than breakfast (there I go again making more puddings!!) and works beautifully with a drizzle of maple syrup.
Gingerbread Pancakes (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp flavourless oil, I used sunflower
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk, I used oat milk.
– sift the flour, spices, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
– stir in the sugar
– whisk in the oil and milk to form a smooth, fairly thin batter. Set aside to start bubbling
– heat a frying pan and swipe with a little oil
– cook the pancakes on both sides until starting to colour
– keep warm until ready to serve
– serve with maple syrup
These look so amazing! Yum!
Thank you 🙂
these are such perfect pancakes!! lovin’ the recipe 🙂
Thank you 🙂
This recipe has me CRAVING fall!! YUM!
Have just made these for my super allergic little one. I held off the ginger, added extra cinnamon and a very ripe mashed banana – they taste delicious!!
Fantastic! I’m so pleased you and your little one enjoyed x
I made these beauties yesterady at noon & my hubby Peter & I both loved them, sweety! x