In response to my cookie loving Instagram followers, here is the keenly awaited mini chocolate chip cookie recipe. 🙂
I have many many cookie recipes on my blog, but I haven’t created a new one for a while. I seem to keep going back to old favourites such as my amazingly delicious chocolate sable cookies, which unfailing get requested every few weeks. Even though those sables are hard to beat, sometimes a slightly less intense chocolate cookie is required, and this inspired me to get creative with a standard chocolate chip mix.
There are so many finishes to a chocolate chip cookie; some like them chewy, soft, crunchy, or crispy that it’s hard to know what makes a perfect variety. However, these mini chocolate chip cookies are pretty awesome with a deliciously more-ish soft and chewy texture with a crispy edge, almost hitting all the requirements of a an ideal chocolate chip recipe in one biscuit. My top tip is that the key is caster sugar for crisp and soft brown for chewy – combine the two and you have perfection!
I’ve made these mini, because it immediately makes them cuter, more desirable and well you can just eat more mini cookies which can only be a good thing when they’re this good 😉
Perfect mini chocolate chip cookies
(dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, can be soya-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes about 30 or so
100g soft brown sugar
75g caster sugar
125g dairy-free margarine
1/2 tbsp vanilla essence
225g self-raising flour
pinch of salt
80g chocolate chips
1 tbsp dairy-free milk
- Cream together the margarine and sugars until light and fluffy
- Add the vanilla, flour and salt and mix well to form a soft dough. Stir in the milk and chocolate chips.
- Wrap and place in the fridge to firm up
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade/gas mark 4. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- roll the dough into olive sized balls and place a little apart on the lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until puffed up and golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.