For a dairy-free cookie these are remarkably ‘buttery’ and are perfect for cutting into any shape and even icing. I made them for little S to take into school in a flower shape as it’s spring… they went down very well. I reckon these could take any flavour instead of the vanilla – just substitute half the vanilla essence for another extract. This recipe is from Vegan Cookies Invade The Cookie Jar
Vanilla Thins (dairy-free, egg-free, soya-free, nut-free, vegetarian, vegan)
makes lots, at least 28!
- 2 1/3 cups of plain flour
- 2 tbsps cornflour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable fat (I used Trex)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free spread (Pure)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla paste (or use one and one of another extract)
- 1/4 cup oat milk (Oatly)
– Sift together the flour, cornflour, salt and baking powder.
– In another bowl whisk together the fat, spread and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the extracts and oat milk and whisk again.
– Add the flour mix and carefully combine
– Roll out and cut out shapes with cookie cutters. Place on a lined baking sheet and bake at 180 degrees for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden round the edges
– Cool on the sheet before moving to a wire rack.