For a dairy-free cookie these are remarkably ‘buttery’ and are perfect for cutting into any shape and even icing. I made them for little S to take into school in a flower shape as it’s spring… they went down very well. I reckon these could take any flavour instead of the vanilla – just substitute half the vanilla essence for another extract. This recipe is from Vegan Cookies Invade The Cookie Jar
Vanilla Thins (dairy-free, egg-free, soya-free, nut-free, vegetarian, vegan)
makes lots, at least 28!
- 2 1/3 cups of plain flour
- 2 tbsps cornflour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable fat (I used Trex)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free spread (Pure)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla paste (or use one and one of another extract)
- 1/4 cup oat milk (Oatly)
– Sift together the flour, cornflour, salt and baking powder.
– In another bowl whisk together the fat, spread and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the extracts and oat milk and whisk again.
– Add the flour mix and carefully combine
– Roll out and cut out shapes with cookie cutters. Place on a lined baking sheet and bake at 180 degrees for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden round the edges
– Cool on the sheet before moving to a wire rack.
These look beautiful, no wonder they were a hit at school 🙂
I’ve been looking for a quick & easy ‘cutable’ cookie recipe that I can ice for my Christmas baking! Even better, this one doesn’t contain soya milk: I’m allergic to ‘raw’ soya milk so don’t fancy having it hanging around the house 🙂 Thankyou 🙂
Although I do have to get my British converter out ;P
It’s a good recipe, hope it works well for you x
I keep coming back to this recipe time and again. It’s so good because it’s easy AND tasty! My friends (vegan and not) ask for these all the time, and are always sad when they run out! Plain they’re fantastic but iced they’re even more tasty! I might try different flavours this time round as well as the ‘standard’ ones. I find double the recipe makes a few squadrons of Vulcans, so it’s perfect for divvying up for Christmas gifts.
Thanks so much for your lovely message! They are great cookies aren’t that! So pleased everyone enjoys them x