She’s home! Big S came home from her activity camp today and the family is again as it should be. We are so so so pleased she’s back where she belongs. She had a great time, did so much it’s hardly believable, but she’s very happy to be back home. To welcome her home (along with the family party!) I made a dairy-free chocolate fridge cake, certain to please a hungry and tired little girl!
Chocolate Biscuit Fridge Cake (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes about 12 large slices
- 200g dairy-free digestives, Waitrose own brand is good (or other plain biscuits)
- 150g dairy-free spread, I used Pure
- 3 tbsps golden syrup
- 170g dairy-free dark chocolate, I used Kinnerton
- 50g raisins
- optional: 50g any other dried fruit you may like
– Place the biscuits in a bag and crush with a rolling pin, being sure to keep some big-ish lumps
– In a microwave/over a bain marie, melt together the chocolate, dairy-free spread and syrup.
– Stir the biscuit crumbs and raisins into the chocolate mixture until well combined.
– Pour into a lined loaf tin and level off the top.
– Place in the fridge to set (at least a couple of hours)
– Dust the top with icing sugar and cut into thick slices.