Gingerbread biscuits are the epitome of Christmas cookies. These are simple roll out cookies, ideal for using those cute Christmas cookie cutters (I’m getting quite a collection now) and they look beautiful with a bit of white icing. Stamp a hole and thread with a pretty ribbon to hang on the Christmas Tree.
Christmas Gingerbread Biscuits (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 11/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp ground ginger (depending on how spicy you like it!)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup dairy-free spread
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1-2 tbsps oat milk
– In a food processor whizz together the flour, ginger, lemon zest and spread until resembling fine breadcrumbs. (Or rub the spread in with your fingers).
– Add the sugar and milk and whizz (mix) until the mix comes together as a smooth dough.
– Turn out and wrap in cling film. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to let the mixture firm up.
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade/gas mark 4. Lightly oil 2 cookie sheets.
– Roll out and cut out shapes with cookie cutters, place on the oiled cookie sheets.
– Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
– Cool briefly on the sheets before moving to a wire rack.
– Decorate with white water icing and decorations.