Profiteroles – those cream filled, chocolate topped choux buns – are so tempting and the ideal wow pudding for any special celebration. I’m thinking, these will be perfect for Valentine’s Day. The recipe works particularly well with my egg-free creme patissiere as the filling and chocolate sauce topping both soften the pastry making those vegan choux buns taste even more authentic. Proud of these as I’ve not found other vegan profiteroles online and they really have come out a treat.
So, this is mainly an assembly of other recipes…
You will need to make:
- 1 batch of egg-free choux buns
- 1 bowl of egg-free creme patissiere, or whipped dairy-free cream
- the chocolate sauce recipe below
– Make a hole in each bun and using a piping bag fill with the creme pat
– Place them decoratively into a tower on a plate
– Then make the chocolate sauce and drizzle over the buns
Chocolate Sauce (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, can be soya-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 50g dairy-free dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup dairy-free cream
- 1 tsp honey or syrup
– Melt together until smooth and luscious. Drizzle over the choux buns.
These taste just like they’re from a french patisserie!
I’m so pleased you enjoyed them x
Do you fill the pastries with cream while they are still warm or after they have cooled?
Let them cool first