Brandy snaps are an essential part of Christmas – i can’t imagine eating them at any other time of year! They’re also a perfect easy recipe to make in a rush, or with the children to keep them entertained in the days running up to Christmas. We’re going to fill them with dairy-free whipped cream and devour them for a special pudding.
Sweet crunchy exterior filled with soft cream, what could be more indulgent!
(dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, sesame-free, vegan and vegetarian)
Makes about 16
75g dairy-free margarine
80g light muscovado sugar
70g golden syrup
80g plain flour
1/2 tsp ginger
Zest of 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp brandy
- Melt together the margarine, sugar and syrup until the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the flour, spice and lemon zest in a mixing bowl. Pour in the meted sugar mix and add the brandy (or use apple juice instead). Stir well to form a very sloppy dough.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick parchment and preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade
- Place teaspoons of the mix onto the lined sheet, and spread into a thin circle
- Bake for 7-8 minutes until turning golden. Cool on the sheet for one minute and then loosely wrap around a wooden spoon handle to form a tube. Leave to cool. Repeat with the rest of the mix.
- Serve filled with cream (just before serving) and dusted with icing sugar
- These snaps keep well for a few days in an airtight container as long as you only fill them when you’re ready to devour them!
Wishing you a very merry allergy free veggo Christmas Lucylox, and a big thank you for your generosity in sharing your recipes in your blog.
PS These brandy snaps look delicious, as do the parsnip gnocchi that I’ll be making for sure when the weather cools down (summer here, not too much cooking going on).
Aww thank you 😘 happy Christmas xx
“wrap around a wooden SPLEEN handle” tee hee hee!
Oops better edit that 🙈🤣