Do you remember a chocolate sauce back in the 80s that magically turned into a hard shell on contact with cold ice cream – was it called ‘Ice magic’? Anyway, this rich and sumptuous chocolate sauce seems to have the same property, without containing any nasties! The girls love this on dairy-free ‘ice cream’, especially Swedish Glace. It’s our back up pudding that always works!
Magic Chocolate Sauce (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes enough for 4 very generous servings, it is very rich!
- 50g dairy-free dark chocolate, Kinnerton is great as it’s guaranteed nut free too
- 10g dairy-free spread, such as Pure
- 1 tbsp golden syrup/maple syrup or honey (not vegan)
– In a bowl, combine all the ingredients.
– Gently melt over a bain marie or in a microwave.
– Stir until smooth and well combined.
– Pour over ice cream as soon as possible, before it sets!
– How easy was that? Who needs ready made chocolate sauces after all!!