I think that most people will agree that banana and chocolate is a fantastic combination – and this recipe can be thrown together at a moments notice from just five basic ingredients and then left to bake in the oven while you eat the main course. It works superbly with Swedish Glace vanilla ice cream – I’ll certainly be making this recipe again and again!
Chocolate and Banana Puffs (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 1/2 pack ready rolled puff pastry, I used Jus-Rol
- 1 banana
- 20g dairy-free chocolate, roughly chopped (such as Kinnerton)
- 2 tbsps demerara sugar
- 1 tbsp dairy-free spread, such as Pure
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Centigrade/Gas mark 4
– Cut off half the puff pastry and roll out a bit thinner.
– Cut into six even sized rectangles
– Lightly and evenly spread each one with the dairy-free spread.
– Sprinkle with half the demerara sugar.
– Thinly slice the banana and place the slices on each pastry (you may only need 1/2 a banana)
– Sprinkle with the chopped chocolate.
– Dust the top of each with the remaining demerara sugar.
– Bake for about 25 minutes until the pastry is golden.
– Serve with dairy-free ice cream