This recipe is inspired by the fabulous Tiny Kitchen Stories blog – definitely one of my favourite bloggers, not just from her blog but also her lovely interactions with other bloggers. She very kindly posted a vegan version of some scrummy lemon cupcakes (mmmm, lemon, yum!). Also, Big S loves anything zingy so I thought she’d like to try some lemon curd…. having no lemons in the house, I opted for a lime curd instead and altered the recipe to avoid the coconut milk which I’m really not keen on.
This vegan lime curd doesn’t keep for long like the usual version but is still luxurious, velvety, zingy and tangy. In fact, it could just as easily be lemon curd, just substitute the lime for lemon. Watch out for more recipes using this delicious curd in the next few days.
Lime Curd (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, sesame-free, soya-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan)
- 1/3 cup oat milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 6 tbsps caster sugar
- 6 tbsps lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 5 tbsps dairy-free spread
- pinch of salt
– Dissolve the cornflour in the water and oat milk. Heat and stir until starting to bubble.
– Add the dairy-free spread, lime juice, zest, sugar and salt.
– Continue to bubble until it starts to thicken.
– When coats a spoon transfer to a non-metalic bowl and whisk with an electric whisk for a couple of minutes.
– Cool to room temperature and then transfer to the fridge.
– This curd will keep for 4-5 days in the fridge.