Here’s a chocolate chip cookie recipe that robust, soft, cakey and a little more substantial than your delicate cookie. They travel brilliantly so are much more suited to a picnic/journey than your usual version, and keep for much longer. I think they make a great, never-fail speedy recipe should you have kids coming over to play. (This recipe comes from Vegan Cookies Invade the Cookie Jar). It’s the school holidays and we’ve got a jam-packed week of play-dates coming up, so I thought it best to get prepared in advance!
Hearty Chocolate Chip Cookies (dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, soya-free, vegetarian and vegan)
makes about 20
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted dairy-free spread (or use oil)
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 2 tbsps cornflour
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100g dairy-free chocolate, chopped
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade
– Whisk together the sugars, melted dairy-free spread, oat milk, vanilla and cornflour.
– Sift in the flour, bicarb and salt. Mix well.
– Gently stir in the chocolate.
– Drop tbsp amounts on a lined baking sheet, and flatten slightly
– Bake for 12 minutes.
– Cool on the baking sheet before moving to a wire rack.